Sunday, July 8, 2007

Princess Birthday Party


My daughter was asking me questions the other day about the Princess Party I threw for her when she was 5. I asked her why all the questions and she said that her friends little sister wanted to have a Princess Party for her birthday. I realized that maybe other families could use some ideas.

Invitations: As you see these are the invitations that I made for her. They were such a big hit, I put them on my website. Each turret is hand glittered. Girls and glitter, need I say more.

Food: I had finger sandwiches.

Decorations: I went a little crazy at this party, but it was well worth it. I bought the plastic wine glasses that and hot glued jewels on them. The girls just loved them and wanted to take them home.

Cake: I found the most fabulous Castle Birthday Cake to make on www.familyfun.com

Crafts: What’s a Princess Party without crowns. Make your life easier, you can buy the kits at www.orientaltrading.com.

Games: We played “Pin the Crown on the Princess” and Pass the Parcel.

What girl (or woman) doesn't want to hold court and be a Princess for the Day.

Hope this helps,

Elizabeth
www.invitetheparty.com

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Seriously, I WANt my very own princess party next year...with the pink and the glitterand the matching cocktails..it'll be fabulous!

Invite the Party said...

It actually would be fun to have an adult "Princess Party". You could have pink cocktails, to match the theme. Check out this webpage for pink cocktails.

http://www.cocktailtimes.com/original/pink_rum.shtml

Thanks for the comments. My mind is racing with ideas. I feel another blog entry coming on.

Elizabeth

trish said...

Little girls never tire of princesses do they? I am in the process of helping a friend decorate her 4 yr olds bedroom in that theme.

http://www.trishishere.blogspot.com