Wednesday, July 11, 2007

No Cook Summer Spaghetti Sauce

I was reading Ruth Daniels blog (onceuponafeast.blogspot.com) and she has been doing something called Presto Pasta Nights. The recipes look delicious so I decided to enter one of my recipe.

I know people will find this hard to believe, but New Jersey has the best tomatoes. We are called the Garden State for goodness sake. So with summer here, I feel need to give out my Summer Pasta recipe. The thing about this recipe is if you want to add more add it, if you don’t then don’t. You can’t make a mistake with this because it’s personal preference. The only thing you cook is the pasta.

Fresh mozzarella cheese (about 6 oz or more if you like.) cut into bite size pieces

Tomatoes (about 4) cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
2-4 cloves garlic (depending on how much you like garlic, personally I love it)

salt and pepper to taste
1 pound spaghetti

Make spaghetti as per package instructions. Place cooked pasta and all the ingredients in a large bowl. Combine together and serve. It’s great with a salad and Italian bread.

Even if you don’t have Jersey Tomatoes you will enjoy it.

Elizabeth
www.invitetheparty.com

5 comments:

Ruth Daniels said...

Elizabeth, it sounds divine and I'm so glad you decided to share it with Presto Pasta Nights.

Check back for the roundup on friday.

Mrs. Earnest said...

I really like your page . . . and I love the spaghetti sauce recipe you just posted!! I like food -- too much. But I also like learning things from people. Really neat.

Invite the Party said...

Alma,

Thanks so much for your comments. Your website is great.

Elizabeth

DubLiMan said...

Hi Elizabeth,

Just checking in to see how you are doing. When I am off my diet I may try some of your recipes. Some advice......"eye candy." Dress it up a little with pictures and such. Make your site appealing to someone who just happens to stumble upon it. Make them want to dive in deeper.

littlemonstercallum said...

Mmmm this sounds delish. If only my husband and son liked tomatoes. I'll have to adapt it for just one.