Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies, Ever

I was at a 4th of July party and was again asked to bring my famous “Ultimate Chocolate Chip” cookies. I know what you’re thinking , chocolate chip cookies are chocolate chip cookies. Not once you've eaten these. I usually ask people to sign a waiver stating that I cannot be sued for how tired you get making these cookies for everyone. Once you bring them somewhere not only are you asked back but only if you bring these cookies.

Before I give you the recipe, I just wanted to explain that the cooking time I have on here is not necessarily the amount of time you should cook them. Confused? A great baker friend of mine told me that she always pulled her cookies out before they are fully cooked. Never wait until they have even close to brown. The cookies will come out plumper and softer and may I add unbelievably good.

So that having been said, here goes.

2 ½ cups all purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips*

1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips*
1 cup white chocolate chips*

( I like using Ghirardelli chocolate chips but it's up to you.)

Preheat oven at 375 degrees. Place flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; stir to combine. Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture slowly. Beat until well blended. Stir in the chips. Drop dough by heaping teaspoon 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes (remember this could vary from oven to oven. Check after about 6 minutes to see how they are doing.) until the edges are not quite golden brown. Remember, don't overcook these cookies or they will not taste as good. Let cookies stand on a cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Remove cookies to wire rake; cool completely.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

MKC said...

mmm that sounds delicious, I can't wait to make those chocolate chip cookies