Friday, June 29, 2007

Tea Party


I helped plan a Tea Party birthday party for the daughter of a friend of mine.

Party Colors: We did this party in all pink and white.

Invitations: Personalized Tea Pot or Tea Cup Invitation

Food: The food was little tea sandwiches on a pretty plate stand. Also, it's fun to have cupcakes instead of cake. All with pink and white icing. These can be displayed on a cupcake stand.

Craft: The craft was actually decorating a cup. These can be purchased cheaply at a Dollar Store, Ikea, etc. The girls had a great time decorating them. You can buy special pens at a craft store for this.

Games: Freeze dancing, Pass the parcel, Pin the cup on the saucer

The girls also brought their favorite doll and we had a separate table set up for the dolls own tea party.

As you can tell, this kind of party if for a girly girl.

Hope it helps.

www.invitetheparty.com

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a really cool idea. If you want to make it an Alice and Wonderland type birthday, you could add top hats and maybe a queen of hearts cake.

Invite the Party said...

I love it!!! That is such a great idea. Maybe Pin the Smile on the Cheshire cat? Thanks.

Elizabeth
www.invitetheparty.com

AZZITIZZ said...

Thanks Elizabeth, that's my seven year olds next party sorted out!
:))

Invite the Party said...

So glad I could help!

Simone said...

Thanks for your tip about plastic bags, I did glance at one project on a blog... Tea parties are very popular and are great for adults too (I live in London and the Brits are mad for tea). At my last party I made biggish canapes with sliced French baguette bread topped with baked feta cheese, fried onion and roasted peppers and people loved them. I served warm from the oven.

Invite the Party said...

I've got to try the canape recipe, it sounds delicious. Although I'm American, my Mother was born Scotland and raised in England. So I guess Tea Parties are in my blood.

Thanks for the comments!

Elizabeth

Mrs. Earnest said...

Wow! I have been wondering what to do for a cool wedding shower theme that would be appropriate for family and friends. If I can't pull it off, I can do it for my future step-daughter's b-day. I love the dolls being invited too.